Khuselani Security & Risk Management (KSA) boss Mohamed Yacoob made a fleeting appearance in the Pietermaritzburg district court on Tuesday, charged with crimen injuria.It is alleged that on June 20, at or near City Hall, he intentionally injured, insulted and impaired the dignity of Msunduzi administrator Sibusiso Sithole.According to the charge sheet, Yacoob repeatedly swore at Sithole using foul language, saying “F**k you, you won’t come to the f**k**g City Hall, f**k**g p**s, f**k you Sbu, f**k your mother’s h**e”, and/or “You are a p**s, you are a f**k**g p**s”. Yacoob was subpoenaed to appear in court on Tuesday.The case was adjourned to February 26, for statements to be obtained. The Witness previously reported that Sithole had received threats from some of the service providers. Attempts to intimidate him started shortly after his arrival in May last year. At the time, Sithole said he would not be deterred by threats and intimidation from doing his work, which is to stabilise the municipality. He said those who were benefitting from the “chaos” would do everything in their power to ensure the chaos continued.He also said, “We can’t at this stage relent and feel like the threats are overwhelming us. This does not mean that we are not concerned because we have got kids, we have got families. Nobody wants his or her life to be taken away for doing the right thing”.The tensions between Sithole and Yacoob are believed to have stemmed from his decision to terminate the contract that the City had with KSA. This resulted in a Durban company, Royal Security, being brought in to guard the City’s infrastructure and politicians.The KSA contract had been found by the Special Investigative Unit to be irregular in January 2018, but it wasn’t until Sithole apparently put his foot down that the municipality cut ties with the company. This resulted in several marches by former KSA guards to the City Hall, where they called for Sithole’s head.Jan Mothibi of the SIU said in papers that came before the Pietermaritzburg high court in 2018 that it was appointed on April 15, 2016 to investigate certain affairs of KSA. Investigations uncovered that two contracts were “unlawful and inconsistent with the municipality’s procurement obligations”. Three service level agreements — during April, June and September 2016 — were concluded without proper processes being followed. He added that KSA was overpaid and the municipality incurred improper, irregular and unlawful expenditure. It entered into unlawful agreements and suffered financial loss or damages.Mothibi said when he made the findings known to the municipality, the recommendation was that the contracts between KSA and the municipality must be terminated. In March last year, the high court found that the municipality was under no legal obligation to continue using KSA. In doing so the court also dismissed an application brought by KSA declaring that it was lawfully appointed to provide security services to the City.