Durban – KwaZulu-Natal health MEC, Dr Sibongiseni Dhlomo, has condemned an attack on two Emergency Medical Services paramedics who were targeted after they responded to a call on Monday night.In a statement, his spokesperson, Desmond Motha, said reports indicated the male and female paramedics were attacked by unknown people in the Sinathing area at about midnight."One of the paramedics sustained stab wounds while his crew member was assaulted," said Motha.Dhlomo said the attack on paramedics was "barbaric" and compromised the safety of emergency workers and crippled the essential services they render.Motha said Dhlomo also condemned a separate incident in Pietermaritzburg where a clinic was burnt down.Clinic burnt down"It is alleged that the community of Mason/Copesville burnt down the recently erected park home at Mason Clinic. It is believed that this happened at night, during protest by the community. No staff members were reported to be physically harmed during this incident."Motha said the park home was valued at R2m, and consisted of 14 consulting rooms, two waiting areas, ablution facilities and a staff kitchen."A team from uMgungundlovu District, led by the district manager, visited the site under the protection of the local SAPS today [Tuesday], and found that the park home had been burnt to the ground," he said.In the statement, Dhlomo said it was "unthinkable that anyone in their right mind would destroy a public health facility". Motha said Dhlomo stressed that people should follow the right channels to air their grievances.