Man electrocuted after falling into hole with exposed wires

2020-01-29 09:48
(File, Netcare 911)

(File, Netcare 911)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

A man was electrocuted and seriously injured after he fell into an open hole where there were exposed electrical wires.

According to Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst, paramedics responded to a report of a fall in Woodmead Drive, Sandton, at 06:08 on Tuesday.

ALSO READ: Germiston cable theft: 'Power from the substation was so strong it melted his shoes'

"Reports from the scene indicate that an adult male fell into an open hole with exposed wires sometime during the night," Herbst said.

The man sustained serious burns to his left leg and right arm, and he required advanced life support intervention.

ALSO READ: One dead, one seriously injured in Boksburg electrocution

"The patient was safely removed from the hole by fire and rescue services," Herbst said.

Once treated, he was transported by ambulance to hospital for further treatment.


Read more on:    johannesburg  |  accidents
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.