The Mandela Day Marathon is back on track following an agreement that was reached between unemployed residents and the uMgungundlovu District Municipality.The unemployed group of Lidgetton residents stopped race preparations at the Nelson Mandela Capture Site in Howick on Wednesday, sparking fears that the race might have to be postponed. They were demanding work at the site where scaffolding and marquees were being erected. A manager at the site said on Thursday that the issues the unemployed people had were resolved and work resumed at 9 am.“I think they got jobs or the tenders that they wanted,” he said.Spokesperson for the uMgungundlovu District Municipality Brian Zuma said the political leadership engaged the aggrieved residents. He said the meetings would continue after the race, which he said could only provide work for a few people. “After the marathon we’ll engage further to create employment,” Zuma said. He added everything was on track for Sunday. “As far as we are concerned, we are preparing for a race that will run smoothly without any hiccups.”He said while there were fears that there will be a shortage of refreshment stations during the race, they have five buses on standby with refreshments. “That is to ensure that there will be no shortage as we experienced at some of the stations last year.”Zuma said accommodation for the athletes has also been secured. “There is sufficient accommodation for runners that want to sleep over. We have also beefed up security as required. “The SAPS will be doing patrols along the route as well as at the finish,” Zuma added.