MyCiTi delays continue due to strike

2016-05-26 18:39
MyCiTi bus. (Supplied, City of Cape Town)

MyCiTi bus. (Supplied, City of Cape Town)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Cape Town - Ongoing strike action resulted in further delays in the MyCiTi bus service on Thursday afternoon.

This as the illegal action by a group of bus drivers employed by Kidrogen, a MyCiTi vehicle operating company (VOC), continued.

A number of routes were affected in Table View, Summer Greens, and Century Gate.

Brett Herron, mayoral committee member for transport for Cape Town, said the other two vehicle operating companies had been asked to assist where possible. 

“However, commuters are advised to please make other arrangements where possible as the service along these routes will be severely delayed for as long as the illegal strike continues,” Herron said.

The bus drivers embarked on the strike at 05:00 on Thursday without informing Kidrogen or the city of their intention.

The city said it was unclear when the strike would end and for how long the MyCiTi service along these routes would be affected. 

Authorities are monitoring the action.

Read more on:    myciti  |  cape town  |  transport  |  strikes
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.