Johannesburg - The ANC has reaffirmed that it is in complete denial over President Jacob Zuma's "reckless and negligent" actions, the Democratic Alliance said on Tuesday."The ANC has chosen to defend its beleaguered President, rather than standing up for South Africa’s interests," the official opposition party said in a statement after the ANC's briefing on the outcomes of its extended National Working Committee (NWC) meeting."The ANC has today put the ANC first, and South Africa second. The ANC continues to neglect the needs of South Africa as it hurries to defend one man: Jacob Zuma," the DA said.The ANC's NWC briefed media earlier on Tuesday following an extended meeting it held on Monday. This followed the finance minister debacle caused by Zuma when he removed Nhlanhla Nene and replaced him with ANC MP David van Rooyen.Four days later, after a furious outcry and the rand plummeting, he removed Van Rooyen and replaced him with Pravin Gordhan, the man he had demoted from the same position after the May 2014 general elections.ANC deputy secretary general Jessie Duarte said Zuma had shown bold leadership by responding to the outcry and placing Gordhan back in the position.'The ANC does not listen to South Africans'"The national officials met with the president [on Sunday]... and the president himself offered that he wanted to make the change because of the impact of what none of us had anticipated," she said."The courage to change it and the willingness was... there and it was done."ANC spokesperson Zizi Kodwa said the party had never discussed recalling the president.But the DA said public confidence in Zuma was at an all-time low, yet the ANC still refused to listen to the public."The ANC does not listen to South Africans and it is an entirely out of touch party that has abandoned our common good."How the ANC can continue to defend Jacob Zuma, whilst admitting he caused a 'bloodbath' in our economy, shows the level of denial in the governing party," it said.