WATCH: Paramedics rescue pets after house catches fire in Honeydew

2016-07-14 15:48
House fire. (Max Cohen)

House fire. (Max Cohen)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - Paramedics helped a family rescue their pets after their house caught fire in Honeydew on Thursday.

EMER-G-MED spokesperson Max Cohen said their partnership vehicle with Londoloza Protection Group had received a call via one of their guards who was driving past when he saw the smoke coming from the house.

Cohen said, when paramedics arrived, they found the thatched roof of the house engulfed in flames.

Paramedics assisted the family in getting their dogs and other pets out of harm's way.

They were loaded into the back of an accident management vehicle and assessed for any obvious injuries.  

He said the house was situated on a small plot.

The fire department was called to the scene and was trying to get the fire under control.

No one was injured.

Read more on:    fires
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Most Read
News In Your Area
Top Lifestyle

Matric Results are coming soon!

Notify me when results become available

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.