Police launch manhunt following fatal Pretoria drive-by shooting

2019-03-15 16:36
iStock

iStock

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Police in Pretoria have launched a manhunt for two suspects who were involved in a fatal drive-by shooting in the city on Friday morning.  

It is believed that a 44-year-old man was attacked by two other men on Troye Street shortly after he had dropped off his brother, police spokesperson Captain Daniel Mavimbela said. 

Mavimbela said reports suggested that the suspects had been following the victim in a white VW Polo before attacking him. 

The motive behind the killing was still unknown.

A case of murder is being investigated.

"The intelligence and evidence gathered from the crime scene indicate that members of the public could play a vital role by assisting to either identify or even apprehend the suspects within seventy-two hours," said Mavimbela.  


Read more on:    pretoria  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.