Johannesburg – The State is still waiting for the post-mortem results to determine how five-year-old Caleb Ouman died after he was allegedly beaten to a pulp by his father, the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court heard.Seisax Boesack appeared briefly before a packed court gallery on Wednesday. Prosecutor Penny Pillay told the court that the post-mortem results were the only thing outstanding in the matter, adding that all witness statements had been obtained. She requested the matter to be postponed to October 30. Boesack, who looked calm, waved at a woman seated in the court gallery as he walked to the holding cells.During his previous court appearance, Boesack abandoned his bail application. He did not give reasons for his decision. READ MORE: Father who allegedly beat 5-year-old son to death abandons bail application Gauteng police said previously that the boy had apparently managed to tell his father's girlfriend that his father had hit him. She took the boy to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries on September 1, police spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubela told News24 at the time.He died on arrival and his father was arrested at his home in Chrisville, south of Johannesburg, which he shared with his girlfriend.Councillor Rashida Landis had previously said the community was "very angry" and needed justice for the five-year-old.