Durban - Families of patients who were in the Port Shepstone Regional Hospital when it caught fire on Monday must contact the hospital to confirm where their relatives were transferred to, the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health said on Tuesday. The department’s spokesperson, Sam Mkhwanazi, said the reason for this was that some of the patients’ files had been damaged by the fire that ravaged the new block of the hospital. The affected block houses several wards, including the paediatric, critical care, and the intensive care units. Management had put in place contingency plans to mitigate the impact of this on healthcare service delivery, he said. The hospital’s orthopaedic and paediatric wards had been closed, Mkhwanazi revealed.