Durban – The South African Human Rights Commission says it is still in the process of finalising its report into 31 complaints against Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini. The SAHRC had previously said it would release the report by the end of February. "However, due to the complexities involved in this matter and some of the issues raised by the parties in their submissions, the commission will defer the date of release of the report to the end of April, 2016," the commission said on Thursday.The SAHRC said the investigation came about after the king spoke at a "moral regeneration" event in Pongola, northern KwaZulu-Natal, in March last year. In his speech, the king called for the government to send foreigners back home.Violent xenophobic attacks broke out in the province in April. According to the SAHRC, in November 2015 it released a preliminary report on its investigation. "The parties to the dispute, as well as others affected, were given until the January 31, 2016 to provide their comments. This preliminary report was an opportunity for the complainants and the King to make comments, if any, on the preliminary findings and recommendations of the commission, before the commission issues the final report. "The commission has been applying its mind to the submissions received, which include points of law and procedure as well as issues concerning the linguistic interpretation of words and idiomatic expressions that form the basis of this investigation."