Search still under way for boy, 10, swept out to sea at Clifton

2016-01-02 14:24
(Supplied to News24)

(Supplied to News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Cape Town - A search was still under way for a 10-year-old boy who went missing off Clifton Beach in Cape Town on Friday afternoon, said the SA Police Service on Saturday.

Police divers and a helicopter had been sent to the scene.

Circumstances surrounding the boy's disappearance were not immediately clear.

The body of a 30-year-old man was found washed up on the beach of the Snake Park beach in Durban on Saturday morning.

Circumstances surrounding the man's death were also not clear.

Another drowning was reported at the La Mercy lagoon on Friday.

Police reported that they had their hands full dealing with an unruly crowd which was seemingly intoxicated at the scene.

It was unclear whether the body of the man, thought to be in his late 40's, had since been recovered.

At the time of the incident on Friday, paramedics said the man’s body had sunk to the bottom of the water by the time they had arrived at the scene.

Meanwhile, a body of a 25-year-old man was recovered by K9 Search and Rescue from a private dam near Port Elizabeth.

No further details had been provided surrounding his death.


(Supplied to News24)

Read more on:    cape town  |  drownings
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.