Sentencing postponed in trial of rapist kwaito star Brickz

2017-09-14 11:21
(iStock)

(iStock)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - The sentencing of kwaito star Sipho Charles Ndlovu, better known as Brickz, was postponed in the Roodepoort Magistrate's Court on Thursday morning. 

Ndlovu's lawyer Piet du Plessis said he was ready with the pre-sentencing report, but that the full record would only delivered to him later in the day. 

He said needed a week or two to analyse the record, including the doctors records, and put a short heads of argument together.

In his brief appearance, Ndlovu was dressed in a dark brown blazer, white shirt and black jeans. 

In July, Brickz was found guilty of raping a 16-year-old girl at his home in November 2013.

His R50 000 bail was revoked after the conviction.

At his last court appearance on August 1, he testified that he had already begun a process to better his life in prison.

The Sweety, My Baby singer claimed that the rape charge was a "fake accusation", and that the victim and the witness were close family members.

"I am willing to serve my sentence and was not raised to run from any 'accusation'. I know the truth will come out. I'm innocent and my conscience is clear," he said at the time.

Magistrate John Baloyi postponed the matter to September 28.

Read more on:    sipho charles ndlovu
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.