Siblings injured in Blairgowrie blast

2017-06-15 21:07
(Supplied Netcare911)

(Supplied Netcare911)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - A brother and his sister were injured when food warmers exploded in a restaurant in Blairgowrie, Johannesburg, on Thursday, Netcare911 said.

Spokesperson Nick Dollman said the two were apparently lighting devices used in restaurant warming trays when one of the devices exploded.

The siblings worked at the shop.

The man was seriously injured and in a great deal of pain, and his young sister was burnt on her hands and legs, but was in a stable condition.

They were treated on the scene and moved to hospitals by two ambulance services.

Read more on:    johannesburg  |  accidents

Join the conversation! encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.