Bloemfontein - The State's case on alleged genital mutilator Danish national Peter Frederiksen is not as strong as it was first presented to be, the Bloemfontein Magistrate's Court heard on Tuesday.Frederiksen appeared in court amid a high police presence for his new bail application on Tuesday morning.His lawyer, advocate Deon Pool argued that circumstances have changed since the 10 months that his client has been in court."Due to the fact that the State has added other charges at a later stage and they never had an indictment ready, their case is not as strong as they promoted it to be," said Pool."By adding new charges, the State has opened a door for us to come to court - we now know what the State is alleging and how they are connecting their dots."Frederiksen initially faced 15 charges, however, his charge sheet has now increased to 59.The charges include assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm, possessing unregistered medicine, possessing unlicensed firearms, distributing and possessing child pornography, conspiracy to murder and bigamy.Wife murderedFrederiksen, 63, was arrested on September 17 2015, after 21 clitorises were found in the freezer of his Langenhoven Park, Bloemfontein home.He is also being investigated for the murder of his wife, 28-year-old Anna Matseliso Molise. She was shot four times next to the gate of her house in Maseru, Lesotho, on October 20 2015.She would have been a key State witness in the case against her husband, the Hawks said at the time.During previous court appearances, the State said Frederiksen allegedly hired wheelchair-bound Motlatsi Moqeti, 31, to have Molise killed. He allegedly had contacts in the criminal underworld.Frederiksen told the court previously that he learnt of his wife's death through the media. The State told the court that a witness and phone calls linked Moqeti to the killing.However, on June 12, the State withdrew charges against Moqeti in the Bloemfontein Regional Court.Guns seizedProsecutor Amanda Bester did not give reasons for the withdrawal in court but National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Phaladi Shuping said there was insufficient evidence that linked Moqeti to the case.Moqeti remains in custody in relation to other matters.In May, the Hawks seized more than 1 600 firearms from Frederiksen's gun shop in Bloemfontein.According to a police spokesperson, the firearms were confiscated on suspicion that Frederiksen might have used them for other crimes. About 75 firearms had no valid licences.Explosives and hand grenades were also confiscated.The hearing continues.