Cape Town - A student was hospitalised after he was found unresponsive following a fire at a UCT residence early on Tuesday morning.City of Cape Town Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson Theo Layne said a team had responded to the blaze at the Leo Marquard Hall in Baxter Road, Rondebosch at 02:50.The residence was evacuated before fire services arrived."The fire occurred on the 10th floor of the student residential block. While extinguishing the fire, a search and rescue was carried out on the 11th floor after a student reported that his friend was still in his room," Layne said.According to Layne, the man, who had been asleep, was found unresponsive in his room due to smoke inhalation. He was treated on the scene and taken by ambulance to the Cape Town Mediclinic for further treatment.Heater started fireThe blaze was extinguished within 30 minutes.Layne said the fire started in one of the rooms when a raincoat caught alight from a heater at the foot of a student's bed."When he saw what had happened, he left the room and shut the door behind him before reporting the incident."The room in which the fire started sustained fire damage, while the 10th and 11th floors had severe smoke damage, Layne confirmed.UCT was not immediately able to comment.