Teenager hands himself over for murder of boy, 8

2017-10-09 19:43
SA police. (Duncan Alfreds, News24)

SA police. (Duncan Alfreds, News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Port Elizabeth – A 16-year-old teenager has handed himself over to police after the body of an 8-year-old boy was discovered on Monday morning.

Police spokesperson Warrant Officer Alwin Labans said the boy's body had been found on a footpath near a dam in Extension Six in Malabar, Port Elizabeth, shortly after 8:30 on Monday.

"The body was found by school children, who reported it to the police," he said.

Labans said the child, who was identified as Jamaine Jonathan by his older brother, had open wounds on his head.

He said the teenager had handed himself over to police after the discovery of the body.

"It is alleged that the boy was in the company of the suspect and other people yesterday [Sunday] afternoon," he said.

Labans said the motive for the killing was unknown at this stage, but a case of murder was being investigated.

Read more on:    port elizabeth  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.