Three teens die after eating vetkoek

2017-08-31 13:12
(Duncan Alfreds, News24)

(Duncan Alfreds, News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Cape Town – Three teenage boys have died, apparently after eating contaminated vetkoek in Cape Town, Western Cape police said on Thursday.

The teenagers, aged between 16 and 17, died in Joe Slovo, Langa, on Sunday.

A fourth victim is in hospital, police spokesperson Sergeant Noloyiso Rwexana said.

An inquest was opened for the three who died.

Police were investigating an attempted murder case for the surviving boy.

Read more on:    cape town

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.