SABC agrees to abide by order - Icasa

2016-07-20 15:43

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Cape Town - The Independent Communications Authority of SA (Icasa) on Wednesday said the SABC has agreed to abide by the order to withdraw the ban on broadcasting violent protests.

Icasa spokesperson Paseka Maleka told News24 that the broadcaster will abide by the order of its council as issued on July 11.

The SABC was indicted on Wednesday from following through with its protest policy by the High Court in Pretoria, following an application by the Helen Suzman Foundation (HSF).

SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago told News24 earlier on Wednesday that the SABC could not respond to Icasa's order within the prescribed seven days until the HSF's court application was heard in the High Court.

Make a donation to the SABC 8 here.

Read more on:    icasa  |  sabc  |  cape town  |  media
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.