The EFF in ward 33 has lambasted the Msunduzi Municipality for stalling the R400 million Jika Joe residential project which started in April 2016.The EFF believes funds have gone missing as they say nothing has been done since trenches were dug in the area almost two years ago. EFF ward 33 candidate Siyabonga Myaka said it was not the first time that funds meant for the area’s housing project had gone missing.He was speaking at the signing of the IEC code of conduct held at the city hall on Monday.Six political parties, ACDP, Al-Jamah, ANC, DA, IFP and EFF, are set to contest the by-election on August 2.“We are sick and tired of funds meant for housing projects always going missing. People are tired of corruption. The only thing to show for this project are the trenches that were dug a long time ago,” he said.The housing project would have seen 1 000 housing units being built on Tatham sports field.DA candidate Nkululeko Mkhize said he was confident that his party would retain the ward.Ward 33 became vacant after the resignation of DA councillor Uraisha Haswell.“I pledge to champion the interests of ward 33 people where dreams will come true. People of Jika Joe, I will make sure that you get the dignity you deserve and get better housing,” he said.The IEC said it had opened applications for special votes.Police said there had been no hot spots identified so far.