Pretoria - The ANC's top leadership has rejected the purported influence on the state by the Gupta family, saying they had no role within the organisation, secretary general Gwede Mantashe said on Sunday.“We reject the notion of any business or family group seeking such influence over the ANC with the contempt it deserves while also recognising the need to act to protect the integrity of our government and organisation,” said Mantashe.“The appointment of ministers and deputy ministers is the sole prerogative of the President of the Republic, in line with the Constitution. To this end, the ANC continues to confirm its full confidence of our president.”FULL TEXT: ANC NEC statementMantashe said the NEC had instructed officials and the national working committee to gather all pertinent information about the allegations. The NEC meeting came on the backdrop of a turbulent week for the ruling party and President Jacob Zuma. Revelations by Deputy Finance Minister Mcebisi Jonas and former MP Vytjie Mentor that they had been offered Cabinet positions by the Gupta family saw the public and some party members calling on the NEC to take action against Zuma.Mantashe said the issue was being taken seriously and called on those with evidence to come forward.“The ANC calls on all members who have information to approach the secretary general’s office. The NEC will develop a Code of Conduct for ANC members doing business with the state. In addition, the NEC expressed its utmost disgust at the arrogance, disrespect and reckless journalism displayed by The New Age newspaper, ANN7 channels and representatives of the Gupta family,” he said.