Three Western Cape pupils have been recognised for their incredible resilience in almost unspeakable circumstances.
Mostly sunny. Mild.
Two mothers are demanding answers after their toddlers died last month, allegedly from food poisoning, while under the care of a childminder in Westdene, Johannesburg.
American Ira Goodman had torn or damaged the inner lining of an artery in his neck, causing a clot to form, which expanded until it suppressed blood flow to the brain.
President Donald Trump's love of fast food is tied to a 'longtime fear' of being poisoned.
Since the announcement of the Listeriosis outbreak, all provinces have mobilised their provincial outbreak response team structures.
People often wonder whether their symptoms are caused by a virus or by something they ate.
Most of us have had a nasty bout of food poisoning, but there are ways to reduce the risk.
More than 170 school principals from Queensland, Australia, are presumably suffering from salmonella poisoning after attending a conference, and 24 have been admitted to hospital.
Depending on what kind of food and the type of floor it fell on, the five-second rule could actually be true.
Salmonella was the likely cause of a diarrhoea outbreak in Limpopo earlier this week where 42 people were hospitalised.
More than 350 people have become sick across Japan after eating frozen food products that may have been tainted with a pesticide.
At least 28 pupils from the Edward Phatudi Secondary School in Atteridgeville have been rushed to hospital following suspected food poisoning.
More than 170 pupils from Sombongangani Primary School in Elandskop, were treated for suspected food poisoning at different local hospitals this week.
At present it is not clear what the source of the infection is. There are however indications that it could be a food product that is distributed throughout South Africa.
Listeria causes uncomfortable symptoms that can be fatal. Here’s why you're more prone to Listeriosis and other forms of food poisoning during the summer months.
Salmonella is responsible for most foodborne illnesses and contamination. Good hygiene, however, helps one to steer clear of these pesky bacteria.
26 people allegedly sustained food poisoning while working on a film shoot in Pretoria.
Hundreds of Limpopo school learners yet again suffered from food poisoning from their school feeding scheme, the Limpopo Education Department has confirmed.
A poison created by bacteria in food may be a trigger for the autoimmune disease multiple sclerosis, according to a new study.
Ever been blown away by foul-smelling, mould-growing leftovers when you open your fridge? Find out what you can keep and what you should definitely throw away.
Soon after serving lunch, the two cooks at an Indian school realised something was wrong. The students started fainting and within hours, began dying.
Western CapeMass Staffing ProjectsR55 000.00 - R75 000.00 Per Month
Western CapeWest Coast PersonnelR20 000.00 - R25 000.00 Per Month
Western CapeCelsa Properties
R 1 790 000
R 6 999 000
R 3 700 000
We subscribe to the Press Code.
You choose what you want
News24 on Android
Get the latest from News24 on your Android device.
Terms and Conditions
24.com Terms and Conditions - Updated April 2012
Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.
This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.