ARTICLES RELATING TO RECYCLE

This 75-year-old woman has knitted the chicest blazer and skirt out of more than 300 recycled plastic bags

2019-03-22 13:41

I guess we should use all those plastic bags from underneath our kitchen sinks and give them a new life.

15 food scraps everyone throws out — but are actually super useful

2018-09-29 13:32

Even though they seem "gross," there are ways in which we can use our scraps for good - and ways in which we can recycle them to create even more great meals.

These shops won't offer any plastic bags today

2018-07-02 14:53

Most SA supermarkets have recently announced efforts to curtail plastic packing.

How to use containers in your garden this spring

2015-09-02 15:04

Show off your spring blooms in an eclectic array of recycled containers.

How recycling can help the community

2015-08-20 14:01

A reader shares how she has incorporated community service into her recycling regime.

How I made recycling part of my routine

2015-08-20 14:01

People complain about recycling, but once you get into it, there is no turning back.

Woolworths' new on-pack recycling label

2014-01-28 16:34

Only about 10% of waste in SA was recycled in 2012 and the remaining 90% was disposed at landfill and to change this Woolworths is using a new recycling label.

Eco-savvy home

2010-06-15 08:06

When it comes to the environment, going green starts at your doorstep. Here are 5 ideas to implement in your bathroom today!

 

Why South Africans are being misled by the recycling numbers on packaging

2019-02-19 06:11

Some grocery chains are being more honest about what can be recycled.

Watch: World’s first plastic-free supermarket aisle

2018-07-18 10:00

This store has managed to be more bio-friendly.

Editor's picks - Your hot #FridayFinds

2017-09-22 13:30

Here are three top fashion gems you should have on your radar this week.

Organisation is key when it comes to recycling

2015-08-24 13:05

It's a win-win situation for all and takes a little effort on your part.

I challenge you to recycle for 3 days

2015-08-20 14:01

Then you will see how much plastic you really use.

Top 10 ways retired planes can be creative properties

2014-11-10 16:29

While most retired planes get chopped up for parts, some creative people are turning the flying machines into homes, restaurants and even schools.

Cake of soap recipe

2013-02-20 14:03

This fun Reuse tip from one of our readers is a great way not to let all those annoying little end bits of soap go to waste.

Crafty coffee cans

2010-05-04 14:31

Old coffee cans? Don’t dump them - recycle, refine and reuse them! Janice Anderssen shows us how.

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.