When German tourist couple Wolfgang Luckau and Inge Klaus left Berlin and set off to South Africa in February for their annual trip, they had no idea they'd be struggling to go home because of the coronavirus pandemic.News24 visited the couple at their friends' holiday home in Betty's Bay, Cape Town, earlier this week.Luckau, who went shopping at a supermarket in Kleinmond shortly before the interview, said: "All the trolleys were gone and people were chasing around and buying huge, huge amounts of stuff as if it was World War three or something."The couple had initially planned to fly back to Berlin on 31 March, but struggled to get information from Turkish Airlines regarding their flight home. On Sunday, President Cyril Ramaphosa declared a national state of disaster, during which he announced a ban on travel from the following high-risk countries: Italy, Iraq, South Korea, Spain, Germany, USA, UK and China. "I must say the young lady at the tourist information in Kleinmond tried her very best to help us. We have known her now for a couple of years, but she can't get through to Turkish Airlines because the line is always occupied. We can't get hold of Turkish Airlines to get any valid information regarding our case," Luckau said.The couple has since received confirmation that their initial return flight date still stands.