Iran sets nuclear talks date

2013-02-05 13:00

Tehran - Iran will attend fresh negotiations with world powers in Kazakhstan on 26 February over Tehran's disputed nuclear activities, its top negotiator Saeed Jalili said in a statement released on Tuesday.

The decision was made in a phone conversation earlier on Tuesday between the offices of Jalili and European foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, Iran's official IRNA news agency reported citing the statement.

Ashton represents the so-called P5+1 group of the United States, Russia, China, Britain and France plus Germany.

The statement did not specify which Kazakh city would host the talks.

Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi on Sunday had said that the stalled talks aimed at curbing Tehran's atomic activities were to be held on 25 February.