North Korea challenges US to prove Sony hack involvement

2015-01-14 08:35
(File, AFP)

(File, AFP)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

UN - North Korea is insisting it had nothing to do with the cyberattack on Sony Pictures and is urging the United States to provide evidence of the country' involvement.

North Korea's deputy UN ambassador, An Myong Hun, again called for a joint investigation with the US.

He spoke at a news conference on Tuesday after the Obama administration told the US Congress that sanctions imposed earlier this month were only the first step in response to the cyberattack over Sony's movie, "The Interview". The film depicts a fictitious assassination attempt on the North Korean leader.

"My country has nothing to do with the Sony hacking," An said.

"It is totally arbitrary and out of established hostile policy against my country to impose any kinds of pressure against my country, which we cannot accept at all."

Read more on:    sony  |  kim jong un  |  barack obama  |  north korea  |  us  |  sony hack
NEXT ON NEWS24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
10 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.