Death toll from Spain attacks rises to 16

2017-08-27 18:04
People hold placards during a march against terrorism which slogan will be #NoTincPor (I'm Not Afraid) in Barcelona following the Barcelona and Cambrils. (Pau Barrena,  AFP)

People hold placards during a march against terrorism which slogan will be #NoTincPor (I'm Not Afraid) in Barcelona following the Barcelona and Cambrils. (Pau Barrena, AFP)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Madrid - The number of people killed in twin vehicle attacks in Spain last week rose to 16 on Sunday, local authorities in Barcelona said.

"This morning a 51-year-old German woman died after being treated in a critical condition in hospital," said a statement from the region's civil defence.

The attacks on Las Ramblas boulevard in Barcelona and in the seaside resort of Cambrils left around 120 wounded.

The woman who died on Sunday was hurt when a man ploughed a van through crowds of tourists on Spain's most famous street on August 17 - an attack that was claimed by the Islamic State group.

Hours later, a car sped into Cambrils some 120 km south, hitting people before crashing into a police vehicle.

The five occupants of the Audi A3 jumped out and went on a stabbing spree, killing a woman, before they were shot dead by police.

Read more on:    spain
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.