Israel demolishes home of Palestinian 'linked to attack'

2016-07-18 13:06
(iStock)

(iStock)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Jerusalem - The Israeli military says it has demolished the home of a Palestinian who it says served as an accomplice to a deadly attack earlier this year.

The military says the home of Bilal Abu Zeid in the West Bank village of Qabatiya was demolished early on Monday.

Abu Zeid is said to have been involved in an attack in Jerusalem in February that killed an Israeli paramilitary police officer. The military did not disclose what role Abu Zeid allegedly played in the attack.

The military says clashes erupted as it was carrying out the demolition and that Palestinians opened fire and lobbed explosives. The military responded with live fire.

The Palestinian Health Ministry says five people were wounded, one seriously.

Read more on:    palestine  |  israel
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.