Man shocked to death by exploding microwave

2018-11-09 08:02
Microwave popcorn. (Photo: Getty Images/Gallo Images)

Microwave popcorn. (Photo: Getty Images/Gallo Images)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

A man died when his microwave exploded while he was making popcorn, giving him a high-voltage electric shock.

The man, identified as Daniel from Morelia in Mexico, was unpacking a vacuum cleaner he’d just bought when his wife told him she was craving popcorn.

Daniel went out to buy popcorn. After he’d returned he set the microwave’s timer to make his wife the snack.

He was about to remove the popcorn when the machine suddenly exploded. He was reportedly electrocuted and left with multiple burns and lesions all over his body.

Emergency services were called to the family’s home, but it was too late and the paramedics confirmed his death.

Daniel’s corpse was sent to a forensics department for an autopsy and to confirm the exact cause of death. The investigation is ongoing.

“The high-voltage microwave oven may have charged something intentionally left inside and caused the explosion,” Jose Mendieta commented in an online post about the incident.

“Cops should investigate the wife to see if she carried out a sneaky murder.”

“Shocking! I’ll never make pop in the microwave again,” another Netizen said.

“Poor man, it cost him his life. Rest in peace.”

Source: Magazine Features

Read more on:    mexico  |  accidents
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.