Saudi government: Attacker in Germany was in touch with ISIS

2016-08-08 05:39
(iStock)

(iStock)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Dubai - The Saudi Interior Ministry says a member of the extremist Islamic State group was in contact through a social networking application with a Syrian asylum seeker who blew himself up outside a bar in southern Germany, injuring 15 people.

The Interior Ministry told The Associated Press on Sunday that a Saudi phone line was used to communicate with the attacker in Germany, but that the number was not registered to a Saudi national. It didn't provide further details.

The attack last month in Ansbach, which killed the assailant Mohammad Daleel, was claimed by ISIS.

German security officials have said that until shortly before the attack Daleel was communicating with somebody in the Middle East.

The Saudi kingdom said it's in contact with German authorities and both sides are investigating the case.

Read more on:    isis  |  saudi arabia  |  germany
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Most Read
News In Your Area
Top Lifestyle
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.