UK teen jailed for 3 years for bomb hoaxes

2018-12-08 07:37
iStock

iStock

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

A British teenager has been jailed for three years after his bogus bomb threats led to school evacuations and an airport security incident.

George Duke-Cohan, 19, touched off panic in March 2018 when he emailed thousands of schools, warning about an explosive. The National Crime Agency says more than 400 schools were evacuated.

He later caused a scare by telephoning San Francisco Airport and claiming his daughter had contacted him while on a United Airlines flight from Heathrow to say her plane had been hijacked.

Judge Richard Foster told Duke-Cohan on Friday that the passengers on the August 9 flight "must have been terrified when their plane was taken to a quarantined area."

Fosters says Duke-Cohan was "playing a game" for his "own perverted sense of fun."

Read more on:    uk
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.