Four-year-old fighting for her life after her stomach is 'sucked out' in freak hot-tub accident

By Kirstin Buick
02 March 2017

A little girl from Hampshire, England, is in a critical condition after her bottom became stuck to the vacuum mechanism in a hotel Jacuzzi.

Isabella Floyd (4) was on holiday with her family at a resort in Bulgaria when she went hot-tubbing with her mom, Nicola.

Little Isabella's bottom got sucked into the filter, and Nicola was unable to free her, according to UK paper The Sun.

Read more: Girl (7) killed after jumping castle is blown away in ‘freak accident’

Isabella started screaming,  "My tummy, my tummy!" in agony. She was only freed when the resort lifeguards switched off the machine.

"I was sitting in one corner and Isabella was in another corner trying to copy her mom," Nicola told the newspaper.

"She started screaming. There was no lid on the filter. She didn’t go underwater. I was holding her."

When she was eventually freed, Isabella's bowels were badly damaged.

The youngster was rushed to a hospital near the Black Sea resort of Varna, where doctors performed two operations, removing part of her intestines, reports.

She's had to be put into a medically induced coma.

Read more: Mother breaks her own daughter’s leg over 300 times to avoid amputation

"She never cried – she was just in shock. She's my only child – it took me three years to get pregnant with her," a devastated Nicola said.

Paediatric surgeon Dr Rumen Hristov says doctors are still battling to save Isabella.

Sources: The Sun,, Elite Daily

Find Love!