Diners rushed to hospital after drinking flaming cocktail at Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant

By Nici de Wet
08 August 2018
PHOTO: Getty Images

PHOTO: Getty Images

Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant Hell’s Kitchen in Las Vegas certainly lived up to its name.

Gordon Ramsey’s restaurant Hell’s Kitchen in Las Vegas certainly lived up to its name recently when two people had to be rushed to hospital after suffering injuries from a flaming drink.

The local fire department was called after the customers injured themselves drinking the eatery’s signature drink – a flaming cocktail dubbed a Rum Donkey, People reports.

The drink made up of rum, brown sugar, ginger beer and torched passion fruit has since been removed from the restaurant’s menu.

“We stand ready to provide any assistance they may need to help them through this difficult time,” a spokesperson for Caesar’s Entertainment said in a statement.

“The particular type of specialty drink served at Hell’s Kitchen is served at the finest restaurants worldwide without incident. But out of an abundance of caution, Hell’s Kitchen has removed the drink item at issue from the menu.

“All of us here at Caesars Palace and the Gordon Ramsay Restaurant Group are concerned for the injured guests, and are hopeful for their speedy recovery.”

Sources: People, KTNV, BravoTV

Find Love!

Men
Women