- South Africa will host the inaugural One People International Film Festival (OPIFF).
- The film festival which was founded in 2020, will take place in April, in Cape Town.
- Submissions for South African filmmakers are free.
The first annual One People International Film Festival (OPIFF) will be hosted in Cape Town in April this year.
According to a press statement, the festival was founded in 2020 and aims to create an intimate and collaborative space for filmmakers, holding a range of events from masterclasses by renowned cinema professionals, an array of international film and cutting-edge documentary programs, co-production networking opportunities, and red carpet premieres.
A hybrid in-person and online event is currently being planned, which will be in accordance with all active health and safety recommendations from the government.
Local filmmakers are encouraged to enter their work as submissions for all South Africans are free.
The submission categories are as follows:
- Narrative Feature Film
- Documentary Feature Film
- South African Feature Film (Narrative/Documentary)
- Features by Indigenous Filmmakers (Narrative/Documentary)
- South African Short Film (Narrative/Documentary)
- Short Film (Narrative/Documentary)
- COVID-19 Short Films
For more information, click here.
Compiled by Leandra Engelbrecht