- First published in 1981, Malibongwe is an anthology of poetry written by women in the ANC.
- The book launch will take place on 9 August 2020 via Zoom
- By returning the book to shelves, the hope is to re-affirm the role of women in South Africa's liberation.
First published in 1981 and edited by Dr Lindiwe Mabuza, Malibongwe is an anthology of poetry written by ANC women while in exile and in Angolan camps.
By republishing the collection almost four decades later, Malibongwe looks to reestablish the place of women in the history of South Africa’s liberation.
Join poet and publisher, vangile gantsho in conversation with the following contributors to the book:
- Poet Makhosazana Xaba who wrote the introduction to the new edition of the collection of poems.
- Dr Uhuru Phalafala who headed the project to repatriate and republish the book.
- Ambassador Sankie Mthembi-Mahanyele of Switzerland and a founding contributor of the anthology.
- Ambassador Ribbon Mosholi of the Czech Republic and a founding contributor of the anthology.
The launch will take place on Women’s day, 9 August 2020 from 11am to 1pm CAT. Email Dr Uhuru Phalafala at email@example.com to RSVP and receive a link to the virtual launch