- Taking place at the Spier Amphitheatre, the 2020 Jazz & Classical Encounters Festival features some of South Africa’s celebrated jazz and classical artists.
- Featured artists include Spha Mdlalose, Sisonke Xonti, Navi Yuga and Kyle Shepherd.
- The event takes place on 28 November 2020 and tickets cost from R380 to R3040.
Taking place at the Spier Amphitheatre, the 2020 Jazz & Classical Encounters Festival features some of South Africa’s celebrated jazz and classical artists including Spha Mdlalose, Sisonke Xonti, Navi Yuga and Kyle Shepherd.
Speaking about the event, the festival’s co-producer Aymeric Péguillan, of Pegs Music Project says:
Below is the full schedule of the one day, eight-hour long event:
- 12h15: Doors open
- 13h00: Spha Mdlalose presents Indlel'eyekhaya
- 14h00: First break (30 minutes)
- 14h30: Molweni Bosisi by Ancient Voices featuring Lungiswa Plaatjies, Nomapostile Nyiki, Nomakrestu Xakathugaga, Sarah Evans and Larissa Johnson
- 15h30: Second break (30 minutes)
- 16h00: Siya Makuzeni and Darren English as Navi Yuga
- 17h00: Third break
- 17h30: Paul Hanmer and Neo MUyanga in conversation.
- 18h30: Fourth break
- 19h30: Sisonke Xonti presents uGaba The Migration
- 20h45: Event ends
In addition to entertainment and an opportunity to socialize in the outdoors the event offers visitors varying dining experiences. With several outlets for picnic, casual and fine dining, the Spier Amphitheatre provides the ideal venue for the showcase
The event takes place on 28 November 2020. Tickets cost R380 to R30 40 and can be purchased from www.quicket.co.za. Number of tickets available is limited to 350. For more information visit www.spier.co.za