- Focused on live music showcases across Gauteng, the programme uses the province’s existing community facilities to highlight new talent.
- Every year they invite unsigned bands to join their music programme.
- The winning band will be offered a one-year performance contract valued at R100 000 as well as studio time valued at R30 000.
The Gauteng Department of Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation is inviting unsigned bands to join their Puisano Live Music Programme.
Focused on live music showcases across Gauteng, the programme uses the province’s existing community facilities (like jazz taverns and live performance venues) to highlight new and established talent in line with the provincial government’s creative industries development framework and strategy.
The winning band will be offered a one-year performance contract valued at R100 000 as well as studio time valued at R30 000.
In order for a group to apply they must have the following:
- A minimum of four members
- All members must be 18 years old or older
- All members must be based in Gauteng
- All members must have completed school
- All members must have received formal or informal musical training
- All members must not be signed to any record label
??How to submit an entry
- Record a video of your band performing one song.
- Introduce the name of the band and where you are from.
- Video must be in landscape, MPEG-4 format and of good quality.
- Visit www.puisanolive.co.za
- Download and complete the registration form
- Create a folder (zip file) with your video and registration form.
Upload your folder and submit. All submissions must be made by 15 September 2020.
For more information visit www.puisanolive.co.za