After being closed for over six months, the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa is once again opening its doors to the public.
To mark this occasion, the museum is calling on all Capetonians to submit work that stands the chance to be featured in its opening show; Home Is Where The Art Is: Art Is Where The Home Is.
Home Is Where The Art Is will be accepting work in the following categories:
- Young Artist in Residence: All sketches and photographs made by children.
- Homemade Gems: For professionals who began painting on weekends all the way to those who took up pottery classes during lockdown.
- Local Loves: If you’re a collector of African art, bring us the artworks that adorns your home.
- With Love From Gogo: If you were lucky enough to be gifted antique objects from your grandparents or other loved ones.
- Professional Practice: For practicing artists working in any medium.
How to submit work for the museum's consideration:
- Complete and submit this entry form by 5 October 2020. Please make sure you carefully read through all the terms and conditions.
- In the entry form please be sure to tick the collection point at which you will be dropping off the artwork.
- For artwork to be considered it must be taken to the drop off zones between 10am and 4pm.
- Below are the various drop off zones and dates.
The exhibition will begin on 22 October 2020. As such all submissions must be put forward by 5 October 2020. For more information about the exhibition visit zeitzmocaa.museum