- Pour Moi has analysed data from music streaming service Spotify to find out which songs people listen to most often when having sex.
- The company not only focused on sex between couples, but also did research on the songs people listen to when doing the deed solo.
- While the top track for couples was All The Time by Jeremih, the song that took the number one spot for solo sex was I Touch Myself by Divinyls.
Lingerie company Pour Moi has rummaged through Spotify's data to find out which songs people listen to most when having sex.
According to a statement, the study "involved analysing over 300,000 songs from playlists such as 'date night', 'getting it on', 'sex playlist' and 'Netflix and chill'."
Taking the top spot on the list was Jeremih's All The Time, followed by The Weeknd's Often.
See the top 10 songs below:
1. All The Time - Jeremih
2. Often - The Weeknd
3. Earned It -- The Weeknd
4. Birthday Sex - Jeremih
5. Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
6. Don't - Bryson Tiller
7. Wicked Games - The Weeknd
8. Slow Motion - Trey Songz
9. Pony - Ginuwine
10. The Hills - The Weeknd/Call Out My Name - The Weeknd
But, Pour Moi did not only focus on sex between couples, the company also wanted to find out what people who are doing the deed solo have been listening to.
"To reflect the fact that many couples have also been separated in recent months due to lockdown, the research also delved into the top songs and artists for those satisfying themselves on their own. Of over 20 000 songs from playlists named 'touching myself', 'solo sex' and 'masturbation playlist' were analysed."
90s hit I Touch Myself by Divinyls made the top of that list.
Here are the most popular songs people listen to during solo sex:
1. I Touch Myself - Divinyls
2. Sex With Me - Rihanna
3. Love Myself - Hailee Steinfeld
4. Call Out My Name - The Weeknd/Often - The Weeknd
5. SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK - Joji
6. Get You (feat. Kali Uchis) - Daniel Caesar
7. Earned It - The Weeknd
8. Take on Me - a-ha/Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
9. Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Feeling Myself - Nicki Minaj
Pour Moi marketing director Maria Ryan said: "We know lockdown has been hard for couples who are still wanting to create a seductive atmosphere, so we hope our research can be both enlightening and inspiring. For couples and singles, we've created two playlists based on our findings so you can slip into something a little more comfortable and enjoy some romantic time with the perfect soundtrack - either with your partner or on your own."
How do they know what people are up to while listening to the music? Well, sometimes it's better not to ask.
Compiled by Nikita Coetzee