Johannesburg – The round of live performances of The Voice SA have led up to one big night.
On Sunday, 22 May, the first winner of The Voice SA will be crowned and choosing the winner will be up to the public.
The voting public will decide this week which performers get to have a last go at grabbing the title, the sought-after contract from Universal music and more than R800 000 worth of prizes during next week’s live finale from Sasani Studios in Johannesburg.
The top 8 are as follows: Almur Marais, Vernon Barnard, Clemour Ngobeni, Jeremy Olivier, Thembeka Mnguni, Zoe Modiga, Richard Stirton and Gavin Edwards.
Here's how voting for the winner will work:
- Voting lines for the eight remaining singers – two from each coach will close as per usual on Thursday night at 22:00.
- On Sunday during the live finale, host Lungile Radu will announce which four talent from each coach goes through to the final round.
- After the announcement voting lines will open for the top 4. Lines will be open for an hour and close at 18:00.
- The public will only be able to vote via web, mobi and wechat. SMS voting will be closed.
- Votes will then be calculated including the votes the talent collected during the first round of voting in the week.
- The winner will be announced after the votes have been calculated.
All the songs performed by the top 13 and tracks from the talent performing in the finale will be available on iTunes and Apple Music!
To find out how to download or listen to your favourite singers’ songs, visit www.mnet.tv/thevoice
Next week’s live finale will be simulcast both on M-Net Channel 101 as well as sister channel M-Net City Channel 115, which is available on DStv Compact.