Cape Town - Happy Africa Day, fam! These African queens slay every time they step out in their traditional wear. And we love them for it!
The chunky drop earrings, bold prints, colourful head wraps and ooh, the beaded neck pieces. We simply love it when stars celebrate their unique African heritage. And we think that this trend is here to stay!
Here are seven celebs who wear them best:
1. Nomzamo loves to mix traditional elements with elegant evening wear. And we need that bag in our lives! "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication," she posted on Instagram.
2. Ntando Duma caused a total social media freakout with this African inspired look. She makes traditional wear look super sexy.
3. Wowza! How does Khanyi Mbau do it? Just excuse us while we pop our eyeballs back into their sockets.
4. Terry Pheto proves herself an African queen time after time.
5. Minnie Dlamini made the whole word stand up and take note with this pic. Literally. American rapper, Rick Ross, used the image of Minnie to promote the release of his latest album, Hood Billionaire.
6. "When a Japanese, Lithuanian, Jewish ninja can say 'I am African' we know our beloved country has moved forward from a dark, painful past to a bright, powerful united nation! G-D bless South Africa," Lalla posted on Instagram.
When a Japanese, Lithuanian, Jewish ninja can say 'I am African' we know our beloved country has moved forward from a dark, painful past to a bright, powerful united nation! G-D bless South Africa #SouthAfricanofTheYearAwards #SATY2015 Dress by King @davidtlale ....And our boys won the game tonight!?????? Proud of our bokke!!!!! Beautiful night for RSA! ????????
7. Queen Bonang of all things fashionable. Bow down.