Johannesburg - It's said that time heals all wounds, but no one ever gets over the pain of losing a loved one.
Actress Nomzamo Mbatha lost her sister, Carla, in December 2014 (more on that here) but the pain lingers on everyday.
Nomzamo has opened up about the pain she has had to live with ever since her sister's death, after seeing someone who insinuated on social media that her family did not love Carla enough. The actress revealed that behind the bubbly personality and contagious smile lies a broken woman.
"I may be on every social media platform posting about all the wonderful things that I'm achieving. But I am broken. A thousand times over," she wrote.
The comment was made shortly after Carla's death, however, it was brought into the spotlight after Nomzamo encountered her recently.
Nomzamo says that the person who made the comment should understand her pain and not judge.
3. For those who may or may not know, depression is a mental disease. Anyone who is suffering from it can only see darkness and no tomorrow— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
4. When your soulmate takes their own life, you immediately blame yourself.— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
"I could've done more. I should've been home. It's my fault..."
5. With all those feelings of blame, guilt and utter heartbreak that is already self-inflicted.When an outsider says it, you think it's true— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
6. I felt more heartbroken for my aunt who had lost her only child, only for a stranger to announce that "she wasn't loved enough.."— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
7. And then I was broken for myself because Carla's face was the last face I would see before falling asleep, and the very first when I wake— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
8. I wanted to confront her, but then I thought... No.— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
Because it is easier for people to speak on things that have NEVER happened to them
9. She has incredible sisters, who are all beautiful. And I envy her. Because I've had to bury TWO of mine.— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016
So, yeah.. God bless her.
16. So what do you say to someone who's never had to go to a funeral house (more than once) to pick a coffin for her sister to lay in..— Nomzamo (@NomzamoMbatha) 23 March 2016