M-Net bags Oprah's Harry and Meghan tell-all - see the second bombshell teaser here

0:00
play article
Subscribers can listen to this article
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Photo: YouTube/Screengrab

  • M-Net (DStv 101) has grabbed the broadcasting rights for Africa to Oprah Winfrey's exclusive sit-down TV special with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
  • The interview, containing some shocking revelations, will show on Monday, 8 March at 19:30 in South Africa. 
  • In a second trailer that has since been released, Meghan tells Oprah: "I don't know how they [the palace] could expect that after all of this time we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us."


The TV special Oprah with Meghan and Harry that was originally meant to be 90 minutes has since been extended to 2 hours and will air in Africa on M-Net just 16 hours after it is broadcast in America on Sunday, 7 March.

In the United Kingdom the special will be seen on ITV at 23:00, which means that South African DStv subscribers will see the special and its contents 2 and a half hours before British viewers.

In Oprah with Meghan and Harry, Oprah Winfrey will speak with Meghan in a wide-ranging interview covering everything from stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, and philanthropic work to how she is handling life under intense public pressure.

Later, the two are joined by Prince Harry as they speak about their move to the United States and their future hopes and dreams for their expanding family.

In the CBS TV promo Oprah says to Meghan: "I just want to make it clear to everybody that there is no subject that is off-limits."

The talk show queen later asks Meghan: "Were you silent or were you silenced?"

"You've said some pretty shocking things here," she says in another snippet.

A second trailer has since been released, right off the bat of bullying accusations against the duchess, which the couple have since said is being used as a "smear campaign" by Buckingham Palace ahead of their interview.

In CBS' new teaser, Meghan says: "I don't know how they [the palace] could expect that after all of this time we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us. And if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean, there's a lot that's been lost already."

Prince Harry and Meghan's last TV special – their personally-managed documentary, Harry & Meghan: An African Journey, detailed their South Africa and Southern African visit. It was broadcast in November 2019 on ITV Choice, ITV Studios' TV channel that MultiChoice shuttered last year.

That special gave a behind-the-scenes look at the Sussexes visit and included the Duchess of Sussex at the time opening up about her struggles with motherhood in the public eye for the first time.

We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24