James Bond movie paused again

accreditation

Cape Town - The new Bond movie has reportedly been put on ice to allow Daniel Craig to recover from an ankle injury.

The untitled 25th instalment has been hit with another setback.

Filming of the movie kicked off in Jamaica last month.

The production was set to move to Pinewood Studios in London over the weekend, but it was cancelled.

A source told The Sun that the 51-year-old was sprinting during filming, slipped and then fell awkwardly.

"He was in a lot of pain and complaining about his ankle. He was also pretty angry that it had happened. He threw his suit jacket on the ground in sheer frustration," said the source.

In April the cast and the villain of the film were announced from Ian Flemming's iconic house in Jamaica.

READ MORE:

James Bond 25 title and cast to be unveiled

London - The title and cast of Daniel Craig's expected swansong as 007 will be announced on Thursday from an "iconic 007 location", according to the official James Bond Twitter account. The big reveal is to come at 14:10 SA time, with users able to ask the cast questions using the #BOND25 hashtag.


We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24