Cape Town - The ATKV Oesfees at Solms-Delta, Franschhoek, will be celebrating another year’s successful wine harvest on Saturday, 25 March 2017.
Check out these 6 reasons why should go:
1) The legendary SA Grammy winners Ladysmith Black Mambazo will be performing at 13:40 – this is their first performance in Cape Town in over four years.
2) This year marks a very special occasion as the ATKV Oesfees reaches its 10th year milestone. It’s a celebration! Join the workers of the valley, along with thousands of other music, food and wine lovers to share in the joy of a diverse cultural event, featuring some of the finest homegrown musicians, as well as some of South Africa’s most popular artists and bands.
3) The Franschhoek valley has a rich and lively music culture. The local Music van de Caab project, sponsored by Solms-Delta and Boschendal, under the leadership of the brilliant Adriaan Brand of Springbok Nude Girls, seeks to preserve and develop the diverse musical heritage of the rural Cape, including the fostering of local musical talent. The Music van de Caab acts that will be performing at the ATKV Oesfees include the Klein-Handjies Pre-school Choir and the “Kaapse Klopse”-style walking band, Langbroeke; a female choir ensemble Die Soetstemme; the Delta Valley Entertainers and the Lekker Lekker Delta group.
4) An annual ATKV Oesfees highlight is a performance by winners of the ATKV Riel Dance Final. The Betjies from Betjiesfontein were the winners of the ATKV 2016 Riel Dance competition in the Junior category and will take to the stage to entertain with their impressive footwork. The previous winners Die Graskoue Trappers will also be performing.
5) Traditional Kaapse food like waterblommetjiebredie, braaivleis and koeksisters and excellent wines from the Solms-Delta farm will be on sale.
6) There will be a special area for kids, managed by a professional events company, Cre8tive Kids. Children are registered and are looked after inside a specially fenced, safe area. They can look forward to playful activities all day.
Come join the special people of Solms-Delta for this annual gathering filled with thanksgiving and good cheer.
Tickets: R120: 15 February to 24 March 2017.
Tickets at the gate: R150: On day of event.
Kids 2 – 12: R40: Earlybird, presales and at gate.
Kids under 2: R1: Babies also get tagged so that the organisers have an exact count of all the festivalgoers.
Solms-Delta Tasting Room and Deli.