Cape Town – With two massive international headliners set to hit the stage this weekend, we bring you everything you need to know about Ultra 2017.
When and where:
Ultra South Africa will be taking place on Friday, 24 February 2017 at the Cape Town Stadium, and Saturday, 25 February 2017 at its Jo'burg home, the Nasrec Expo Centre.
Ultra South Africa announced last year that two of the world's biggest names in dance music, David Guetta and Martin Garrix, will be headlining the 2017 festival. Apart from the international acts, local acts set to perform include Black Coffee, DJ Fresh & Euphonik, Dean Fuel, Crazy White Boy, DJ Milkshake and more.
Cape Town line-up:
General Access: R850
VIP: R1500 - Ultra VIP ticket holders will receive express entry through the VIP entrance; an exclusive and elevated dance floor; seating area with a scenic view of the Ultra Main Stage dance floor as well as private bars and toilet facilities.
PLEASE NOTE: VIP ticket holders will have access to all areas except VVIP, service areas and backstage.
General Access: R900
VIP: Sold out
What not to bring:
Any bags brought into the event WILL be searched upon entry. The following items are prohibited and will not be allowed into the venue:
- Weapons, explosives, firearms, glass bottles, aluminum cans, hazardous and breakable materials
- Fireworks, lasers, flashlights and anything else that can interfere with the artists
- Professional DSLR, recording devices, video equipment that have not been pre-approved
- At the artists’ request, all unauthorized recording will be prohibited. (Illegal filming and/or recording will result in legal actions.) Illegal items will be confiscated at the door
- Alcohol, food, bottles, cans, glass, animals, CamelPacks and sound systems may NOT be brought onto the festival site.
- No camping gear of any kind will be allowed into the venue.
- Flags that are used to identify your group may be brought in, but discretion is advised when constructing or designing these items, as they may sometimes be considered dangerous.
STRICTLY NO UNDER 18’s ALLOWED, AND ALL ATTENDEES WILL REQUIRE IDENTIFICATION TO ENTER THE EVENT – ONLY ORIGINAL ID BOOKS/CARDS, DRIVERS LICENCE CARDS & PASSPORTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Ultra will be provide friendly security staff; clean and safe environment; information booths; ample parking; on-site ATM’s; First Aid / Medical services and more. A wide variety of food and beverages will be available for the duration of the event, supplied by various vendors at the festival.
Ultra has partnered with Uber to get you to and from the festival safely and in style! All new users can sign up with the promotional code ULTRASA2017 to receive a free first ride up to R100. To request your ride, simply download the free app for iPhone, Android, Blackberry 7, Windows Phone, or Sign Up here.
This offers a “Hop-on, Hop-off” transport service after the Johannesburg leg of the festival. Buses will depart from Joburg Expo Centre, Nasrec every half hour between 20:00-03:00 and run on four separate fixed line routes that will all stop at predetermined central locations in and around Johannesburg. For more information or to book your ticket, click here.
Park n Ride service:
Get to and from Ultra South Africa safely and hassle-free with Park & Ride SA. Various pick up & drop off points are available in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Click here for more info and to book your ticket.