Prince's 6 siblings ask judge not to delay naming them heirs

Prince. (Getty Images)
Prince. (Getty Images)


Minneapolis - The six known surviving siblings of Prince have urged a Minnesota judge not to delay naming them the rightful heirs to the late music superstar's estate.

Prince left no known will when he died on 21 April 2016, of an accidental drug overdose.

While Carver County District Judge Kevin Eide has said he's "reasonably certain" he'll declare the six siblings to be the heirs, he has also said he plans to wait for the final resolution of appeals by some purported heirs whose claims were rejected.

The six siblings served notice late last month that they want the judge to act sooner. In a memo filed on Wednesday, their attorneys argue that no credible surviving spouse or child has come forward, so further delays benefit nobody.

A hearing is set for 10 May.

We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24