Johannesburg – This year, instead of writing a note to Santa, we asked some local celebs to share their Christmas wish lists with us instead.
So if you’ve ever wanted to know what your favourite stars want to wake up to this Christmas, here you go.
1. Kyle Deutsch:
My Christmas wish this year is to just have the most relaxing day, spending precious time with the family and a small gift or two never hurt. And the ultimate travel back pack.
2. Brett Rogers:
1. Restored Karmann Ghia.
2. Sony headphones.
3. A huge back tattoo from Tamar Thorn.
4. Monthly allowance for clothing from Rick Owens.
5. Data to fall.
3. Lize Mynhardt:
I don’t like presents for Christmas. I just like it when the family is together - we have a huge family. However, if someone really wants to give me something they can give me music stuff! Recording equipment, music magazines or instrument things.
4. Graeme Richards:
My wish is that although we know our baba is on the way, we hope he doesn’t come too early. Beyond that… nappies!
5. Jade Hubner:
1. Generous giving hearts for the less fortunate.
2. A ski-trip with friends.
3. An Apple watch.
6. Hendrik Joerges:
1. For Christmas this year I want to continue having the ability to juggle my studies and my music in the new year, since this year became very busy doing both. I'd also like to have my forthcoming EP featuring Astryd Brown, The Glitchfox & Irinami be a success. Other than that, I wouldn't mind a few pairs of socks, some chocolates and a fancy watch!
7. Moyin Oloruntoba...
1. An investor for the A1. I doubt I’ll get that before Christmas but a girl can dream right?
2. A Vlogging camera like the Canon Powershot G7 X.
3. A new lens like the Canon 24mm-70mm lens.
I’m a techy kind of girl. Can you tell?
8. Zoë Brown:
1. A giant flamingo swimming pool floating device.
2. Ellie Saab perfume.
9. Sechaba G:
1. A spa weekend.
2. A Michael Kors handbag.
3. A week away in Zanzibar.
Jethro - I have wanted a Hover Board ever since it came out.
David - A Keyboard.
Steven - All I want is for us (Four) to be successful in the industry. I know it sounds cheesy but I would take that over anything!
11. Chad Da Don:
I want more tattoos. What I'd do next is finishing up the neck, I don't know what yet because obviously every tattoo of mine has a lot of meaning. So I'd say a tattoo, and a pretty girl to come and massage my back and my shoulders.
12. Das Kapital's Xmas:
1. A MacBook Pro. Not the new one. The previous one. My current MacBook has been putting in serious work since 2009, but methinks it's time for it to retire. That said, I need USB ports, Apple. Silly billies.
2. Pretty much everything from BOY London's website. The tracksuits especially are nuts. (Yes, it's summer. I don't care.)
3. An additional 2 weeks of December. I have a lot to get done and I could really use the extra time. Please help @God @HelenZille
4. A SubPac. It's a sub-woofer that you wear like a vest. Really ideal for music production, especially considering how easy it'll make fixing bass frequencies in music while on the road.
5. More tattoos (Stocking filler)
6. World Peace. I'm not joking.
7. 600L of Almond Milk
8. I'd like to go a month without hearing about the Kardashians, at all. Maybe you can actually help with this one, Channel. Jk get those clicks fam.
9. The reissues of the Roland TR909, and the TB303, and the mini reissue of the Jupiter, and the Juno... Basically all the reissued gear. They're the absolute business for House music, which is where I'm focusing my music at the moment.
13. Janie Bay:
I am honestly wishing for some more positive change in our country. Less crime, more jobs, a new hope and happiness for each and every South African.
14. Claire Johnston:
Let's say: a pair of silver platform sneakers and a subscription to lifelong happiness.
Ben - A Houdt Freeboard (remote controlled skateboard that can ride up hills).
Matthew - Bluetooth headphones for gym.
Jules - A sub diving trip to the Maldives.