Mrs South Africa, the beauty pageant that promotes successful married women, is opening its entry requirements to include women up to 55.
The reigning Mrs South Africa is 40-year-old mother of two Jo Judnick-Wilson. Jo is popularly known as Jozi Mom on social media and is an entrepreneur, business owner, content creator and avid photographer.
"We at Mrs South Africa have been very conscious and supportive of the breaking of stereotypes that hold women back. Ageism is one such stigma that we want to shatter. Some of our most powerful and influential entrants are those that have the kind of experience that only comes with age. They add so much value to the program, and there is no reason why our next Mrs. South Africa should be defined by her age," says CEO, Joani Johnson.
The 2022 entries are currently open on www.mrssouthafrica.co.za, and entries close on Monday 28th February 2022 at 17:00.
The entry requirements are as follows:
- Between the ages of 25 and 55 in 2022
- Be legally married with a marriage certificate from Home Affairs
- Be in possession of a valid South African ID
- Have your SA Passport & SA Drivers License
- No weight, height or tattoo restrictions apply