Cape Town - Mzansi Magic and Ndalo Pictures in association with 4th STREET Wines are proud to bring South Africa’s first ever version of Project Runway to local screens.
With just three weeks left for aspiring South African designers to enter Project Runway SA, here are a few reasons why you should enter before it’s too late.
Calling all aspiring fashion designers! Entries are officially open for #ProjectRunwaySA. Project Runway is presented by @mzansimagic and Ndalo Pictures in association with @4thstreetwine. Rapid Blue TV is the production partner. Visit the link in our bio to enter. . . . @mzansimagic @4thstreetwine @edgarsfashion @tresemmesa @menlynsa @lexus_southafrica and Rapid Blue.
It’s life changing
Nothing changes life quite as breathlessly fast as a reality show like Project Runway. People all over the country will see who you are. They’ll be talking about you, watching you. You’ll learn, you’ll grow. You’ll meet amazing people. You’ll be given keys that could open doors you’ve never even dreamed of.
You get your own mentor
Imagine having a mentor who could inspire you, guide you, support you and gently nudge you towards finding your own voice as a designer? Well, that’s exactly the kind of mentorship you get on Project Runway.
You could surprise yourself
The challenges are designed to separate the hopefuls from the icons in a push for brilliance. If you’re not shy to create something runway perfect from candy or newspaper or even potato sacks, you could well be ready to shine.
Paris Fashion Week 2019
Paris Fashion Week! That’s where you get to showcase as a pop up in February 2019 if you win. That means you get to be part of one of the "Big 4." To rub shoulders with fashion designers from all over the world. And then you still get your designs showcased in Edgar’s stores for 3 months!
- You must be able to design and make your own creations.
- You must be a legal South African resident.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- You may not be in public office (i.e. someone who holds a legislative, administrative, or judicial position of any kind, whether appointed or elected).
- You may not be employed by, or directly related to a person employed by Mzansi Magic, Ndalo Pictures, Rapid Blue, 4th STREET Wines, Edgars, TRESemmé, Menlyn Park Shopping Centre or Lexus.
- You must be available during all stages of production.
- You must be willing to travel and live away from home for the duration of the recording period.
- You must agree to background and medical checks.
- You may not have exceeded R100, 000/year in gross sales from your own line as a fashion designer within the past three years.
- You must be prepared to sign a release form to appear on Project Runway SA broadcast.
Entries close on 28 March 2018.
Click here for more information.